Attraction and Retention
Attracting and retaining workers in Nova Scotia’s primary industries has been increasingly challenging. The fact that the vast majority of these jobs are located in rural areas compounds the problem in light of the shift in population density to more urban centres. The NSFSC has worked to develop programming that has reflected the fisheries sector’s need to attract new entrants to the industry while retaining the workforce that exists.
- FishJobs.ca – your source for information on careers, training and employment opportunities
- HR Project Officer – working directly with seafood processing companies in their efforts to improve attraction and retention of labour
- Collaborative Labour Market Action Plan for Fish and Seafood Industry
- Workforce Forum for Seafood Processing sector
- Career Pathways – Development of career awareness tools – presentation, brochures, video to be used in schools across NS
If you would like further information on these projects/activities, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.